MORE ABOUT US...
The Haddon Field Club was organized on April 8th, 1902 primarily for playing tennis, cricket and "for social recreation." Active membership at that time was limited to 35 members.
In December 1913 the Club, as a member of the West Jersey League of Tennis Clubs, adopted the U.S.L.T.A Rules for governing play. (The U.S.L.T.A, now the USTA, dropped the “L’ in 1975.)
The Club moved to its current location in 1946 after 36 years at its Snowden Avenue location. If you’re wondering it was behind the old NJ Bell building on Ellis Street.
Today, the Haddon Field Club still meticulously maintains 7 Har-Tru and 3 hard tennis courts. It hosts numerous local and regional tournaments, attracting players of all ages and skill levels. The Club offers local, regional and USTA league team opportunities.
EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS
Mark Forrester is a staple at the Field Club. A nationally ranked player in the **- and over, if he's not on the court he's watching the play.
Mark Forrester - 2nd Vice President of Tennis
With so many ways to reach out to our tennis community, Deborah is looking forward to welcoming new members and bringing back former ones to the club she enjoys.
Deborah Marchand - Membership
A long-time member of the Haddon Field Club and competitive player, Donna brings her passion for the sport the role of secretary.
Donna Leggoe - Secretary
Dennis Leggoe- 1st Vice President of House & Grounds
Embracing the VP of House & Grounds role, Dennis is as skilled with a paintbrush and hammer as he is with a racket.
Phoebe Figland - Treasurer
In addition to bringing her love of Haddonfield tennis to The Field Club, Phoebe shares her skills in accounting financial services with us.